Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A splash of orange paint

Choices can be stressful! When the opportunity arose to repaint our entire living area, I agonized over the colour: keep the light, bright yellow that attracted me to the house in the first place, or tone it down? In the end, I toned down, but stayed with yellow; and it works well.
Next was the choice of something BRIGHT for my new study-area: two walls in a corner of our new bedroom. Friends encouraged me, gave practical help about where to get a paint sample. My husband painted on the trial colour, Touch of Sun; and now I have two bright orange sections of wall to inspire and energize me when I work.

Somehow, this venture into colour-choice has enlarged and changed my perceptions. It's as if the splash of orange has lit up many areas of my being, including the spiritual. I am more confident in my own creativity and personal taste; and have been more open to God-moments (such as offering to pray for someone, or inviting a new acquaintance to church).

Such a visible affirmation of a good choice - the walls in their new paint, whether pale yellow or bright orange - reaches deep into one's psyche, sending down roots of confidence and spreading upwards into openness-to-change, with side-shoots of sheer pleasure.

I'm not quite suggesting that you splash on some orange paint (although it's not a bad idea!); but I do hope you will take time to recognise and revisit the positive choices you've made over the years, and to reach towards some new ones. And who knows, maybe there is a new paint colour among those choices ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment