Thursday, January 24, 2013

LIFE! - a miracle merry-go-round

"I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy." - Sylvia Plath *

Life feels as if it is fizzing and buzzing at the moment - full of creative energy. What a powerful blessing, after a long season of dryness and depression and lack of energy. It can only be due to water from the well-spring of life, from Father-God who "tends" me and cares for me. I FEEL like a vine rooted in Christ...

Last night we met with a group that we call LIFE, and it was just that. Each one had a vision to share, a story of God's faithfulness and goodness, an insight into how we live this life in Christ...It is hard to put into words the sense of family, "solidness", and strength such times bring. At Pilates class earlier the same day, I could feel my body just "drinking in" the stretching and controlled exercises we did - it was sometimes painful, but overall so satisfying, so needed. There was something of the same sense at Lifegroup: of challenge, growth, and vitality.

Did you play on a merry-go-round as a child? My Alexander (6) can't get his head around the word, which is fairly new to him (his new school has one). Yesterday, despite telling me he'd fallen off it, he called it a "miracle-round". I pray your "merry-go-round" that feels a bit too fast or busy, will become your "miracle-round" as you feel and see God at work in your life.

A real merry-go-round at Ratanga Junction

*This comes from a site called mindbloom.com, which runs a "life game" where you grow your tree by setting goals, adding inspiration, and generally doing your own "life-coaching". It is a bit slow and frustrating at times, but overall enjoyable and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment